Founded in October of 2015, Naked Heart is already the largest and most diverse LGBTQ literary festival in the world.
To establish a yearly Canadian LGBTQ literary festival that amplifies love, language & freedom.
- Strengthen literacies and the literary community of LGBTQ people.
- Create spaces for people to find new work, new opportunities, new friends and new lovers.
- Increase supports for underrepresented identities, experiences and forms of language.
- Build bridges between people of different generations and cultures in the LGBTQ community.
- Use story as a catalyst to resist oppression, explore desire, increase love & heal trauma for anyone whose gender or sexual identity doesn’t fit society’s narrow limits and expectations.